This is a blog regarding my stay at Loyola di Roma and my adventures throughout Europe. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Olympics: Torino 2006




As I was saying, Thursday night I took a midnight train out from Rome to Torino with Sarah, Sarah, Emily, Catie, Colin, and Joe. While leaving Rome at 12 and arriving at Torino at 8am seemed like a good and efficient idea, it was actually not so pleasant. We arrived slightly tired, to say the least, but at least we had the Italian mochas waiting to greet us. Luckily, Sarah and I scored 2 of the remaining 3 tickets left to the Womens Russia v. Switzerland hockey game, which everyone else already had tickets to. And since we were such slackers, all that was left was 6th row!!! I cheered for Switzerland, and of course, they lost, but it was fun anyways. And I bought a coca-light and the bottle says: olympic live on it, which I thought was pretty cool. I was actually really suprised that I could enjoy hockey. Although, Sarah and I kept hoping the whole time they might bust out a flying-v and we could start quacking. The atmosphere was very cool, but a little bit of a let down because the games were soooo spread out. All the venues were bus rides away from each other. Nonetheless, we had a good time, took pics with the creepy mascots, and spent tons in the olympic village! They even had a place for people to try curling, which has to be the most ridiculous sport i've ever seen. Our train left Torino at 7, so it was a very fast, tiring, but exciting day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats probably the coolest thing I've heard all week!! The closest I've gotten to the olympics is turning it on in the union on Monday nights when I work. Thats a once in a life time thing...unless you follow the olympics around..in which case you dont really have a life so...anyways sorry. I'm impressed though! and p.s. apartment hunting is going wonderfully...i have a few more options Im looking at! MIss you so much!!

2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home