This is a blog regarding my stay at Loyola di Roma and my adventures throughout Europe. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, January 30, 2006


Firenze Due

After fun tackling 828 steps, we sped to the other side of Florence to the Uffizi. In this museum we saw original DaVincis, Raphaels, and Boticellis. It is so amazing to see all the pictures you've been taught about your whole life in real life. Nonetheless, nothing really compared with David. This museum was near the river, and excitingly the bridge- Ponte Vecchio!!! This bridge pictured behind me is famous for two things: kissing and jewlery. It was quite unfortunate that I was 1, without Sam, and 2, without money. Oh well! I still enjoyed the window shopping, and Sarah and Olenka graced us with a mock kiss. I did end up buying a gold medal of Mary for my mom. The old Italian man who owned the shop was sooo cute and nice. We ended up chatting with him and his wife for about a half an hour, about everthything from Michigan Ave to Las Vegas. At the end of the conversation, they gave us a reccomendation for lunch. Oh my God! It was the best food that we have had in Italy yet- by far! We walked into this little Italian resurant that was filled with all Italians, fresh bread, wine, and desserts. It was cheap, the waiter helped us pick out our meals, and the five of us had wine, bread, pastas, steak, veal, salads, etc. for 10 euro a person!!!!!! It was probably one of my coolest experiences so far. After, we mad sure to stop for some gelato and we saw where Dante used to live. We witnessed a huge enviromental protest, and found a really fun market! By the end of the night, and I mean 8pm, we were completely exhausted. We grabbed 3 bottles of wine, some panini, and some cheap chocolate, and had a great time recounting our adventures and doing some girl talk in the hostel.
The next morning we again got up early, stopped at our cafe, and headed back with a detour in Pisa. Honestly, the only thing there is in Pisa is the tower, and after about 20 min of making fools of ourselves pretending to hold it up, and grabbing some "pizza in pisa" we headed back to Loyola. It was an amazing time!! Buona Sera!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara, I love this site, and I miss you like crazy. But it sounds like you're having fun, so keep that up and keep updating this thing here, so my vicarious-living can continue. Can we set up a webcam date?

3:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan: Jealous.
Tara: One lucky girl.

Hope you're still having fun!

3:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is sooooo being sent to the american embassy for a promotional photo. i have friends- i can make it happen.

4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home