This is a blog regarding my stay at Loyola di Roma and my adventures throughout Europe. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Campus

Not gonna lie- taking my first flight overseas alone was a little intimidating- I was pretty much scared out of my mind. Luckily though, after barely making my transfer in Atlanta I ran into Nick- yeah! So I was no longer alone, and not near as worried about getting from the airport to Loyola di Roma on my own. Nonetheless- I did not sleep at all on the flight. They did however show an episode of friends which really made my night, as well as the very intoxicated group of thirty-somethings next to me, who were planning their "wild time" trip in Rome. The woman next to me was an older grandma type who had obviously been a hippie and was listeng to hard rock and drinking bottles of liquer, but she gave me her brownie :-) which I was pretty excited about, not having pre-ordered a vegetarian meal.



Once at Ficiumono Airport, I met Sarah and Lindsay who soon became my good friends. Really, they had no choice. About 12 of us Loyolans found each other and decided to share some cabs- 12 people, 3 bags each, and 3 cabs- not exactly a good combination. So I got to know Sarah and Lindsay pretty well as I had to sit on their laps for the 40min drive with the crazy cab man who pretty much tried to kill us. Eventually however, we arrived at Loyola di Roma in Monte Mario. After being used to college in the city center, the scene was quite a suprise. An adorable convent on the top of a hill above rome, our campus is an old convent surrounded by olive trees, palm trees, and orange trees (yes real oranges! blood oranges to be specific, they really look like they're bleeding when you eat them- pretty cool). Leave it to Loyola to tuck us up away in a convent- nonetheless, it's pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home